Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day again? Wow the years are flying by. I still remember my first Mother's Day, spent in the Hospital with my just over a week old baby who was still supposed to be inside me for another 6 weeks! Bobby gave me a card that to this day just makes me chuckle. It said that I was just too impatient to wait a whole 'nother year for my first Mother's day! It's still sort of true, I love Mother's Day, the home made gifts, the pretty cards, the occasional bouquet of flowers. Somehow, my family always makes the day special. I try to do the same for my mom and I hope I succeed. She has always been so amazing. She is more like Grammy Wolfe everyday and trust me that is high praise. I see strength in her, resolve and sometimes sheer stubbornness. Those very qualities were the very reason I had named the little scrap of humanity that celebrated that first Mother's day with me after the amazing women that are my mother and grandmother.
Happy Mother's Day Mom... I love you

2 comments:

SusieF said...

Thank you my Peanut, I love you too!

September said...

Happy Mother's Day! :-)