Monday, June 8, 2009

what a Monday

There are some days you expect to be hard and they aren't and other times you get blindsided by a simple thing like looking at Father's Day cards...
let me explain... today is my dads 68th birthday and it would have been Teddy's 70 something birthday. I always tried to get my 'dad's' together even for a moment just to enjoy the moment of watching two incredible men interact! So I expected today to be hard but it wasn't. I am profoundly grateful that I still have my dad and I'm profoundly sad that Rosanne's dad isn't with her anymore but today was good. Rose and I had tea and I gave Mama D a yellow rose bush... all good.
Now Sat whilst in Regina, I started looking at Father's Day Cards and almost ended up in a puddle on the floor remembering what a special relationship Rose had with her dad and how much she misses him... crazy
Oh and Bobby started his new job today! nothing to say about it yet but he seems happy at the end of the day. He preached a great sermon yesterday... I wish Dad had been able to be there but he was working and I'm pretty sure our 'other' dad was whispering in his ear! Teddy would have been proud...
Off to eat a yummy supper in my messy house.... must do something about the second part...

No comments: