Wednesday, May 27, 2009

weeds

I have decided I hate weeds but pulling weeds has become a very important part of my day. I appreciate the beauty that is highlighted when I pull the weeds from around my flowers. What was pretty becomes quite stunning when you remove the distractions around it.
Again a good metaphor for our Christian walk. When we remove the distractions of life, God make us truly stunning. Something for me to think about today... maybe you too.
In other thought processes, my niece is graduating from high school in two weeks, doesn't make me feel old exactly but I am realizing the passage of time. It seems like only yesterday I was a 16 year old kid completely in love with this lil baby that changed our family simply by being there. she was the center of my world for awhile and truth be told, I still love her an awful lot. She's pretty amazing, lip ring and all...
Remember a while back I was talking ( ok rambling) about God's promises being delayed like spring has been? Well Spring is HERE and life has taken a good turn. Bobby has taken a new job that is exactly what he has been praying and maybe even longing for. We are so blessed. God even made sure there was somebody in place to take his old job as not to leave his boss in a bind. Love it when God is in the details ;-)
guess I'm done rambling for the moment... enjoy the sunshine if you have it!

No comments: