Saturday, June 9, 2007

Two fathers

So yesterday was my dads birthdays. My dad turned 66 and my best friends' dad, whom I've claimed as my own turned 74. And for the first time in any one's memory, we actually got the two of them to sit down and talk. I do pray it's the beginning of a wonderful friendship. They can learn a lot one from the other. I'll be interested to see where it goes. It was really something to listen to my dad share part of his spiritual journey with Teddy. It was like listening to my own story. I had never realised that dad struggled with the faithfulness of God in much the same way I did. I never would have thought it. Learn something new everyday.
Speaking of birthdays, my dad spouted off a tidbit of info yesterday. I guess if there are 20 people in a room, it's guaranteed that at least two people will share a birthday (not the year just day and month). Try it and see!
Hmm, anything else to share?? Don't think so. Guess I should get on with my day and do all the stuff I avoided yesterday...

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi Susanna!
I spent many years in that old church and now it is your home. Renovation projects always take longer than you anticipate, especially if doing the work yourself. We started a relatively small reno project last September and we're still far from finished. There just isn't as much time as we'd like, but it will get done sometime!
Angela